From raving dance clubs and rooftop terraces to cozy restaurants and laid-back watering holes, the City of Angels has something for everybody. Whatever the size and style of your graduation party, you’ll find exactly what you need on Tagvenue. Simply look through our listings or use our smart search engine and filters to browse spaces that match your exact requirements.
Want to dig even deeper? Whether you’re graduating yourself or throwing a party for a grad student in your family, check out our venue rental guide and party planning tips!
How to pick the perfect venue for your graduation party in Los Angeles
Choosing the right space for your graduation party can make all the difference. But with so many amazing party venues waiting almost on every corner, we know it can be tough to make a decision! Our handy guide is here to help you with the venue booking and party planning process.
How to start planning your celebration
Here are our three most important pieces of advice:
- Start planning early – Remember that many other students are graduating at the same time and will be looking for their party venues too. To secure the best space and date for your event, get on top of the game and start planning as early as you can.
- Set the budget – Consider how much money you’re ready to spend on your celebration and set your budget. Then, use Tagvenue’s smart filters to discover LA party venues that fall within your price range. Don’t forget to set aside some funds for things such as decorations, food and drinks.
- Decide how many people to invite – Make a list of everyone you’d like to invite to your graduation party. Doing this early on will give you an idea of how big a space you need to accommodate your guests. Our platform makes it easy to filter venues by capacity, so you can find the perfect space in a matter of a few clicks.
Other important details to consider
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s talk about other details you should pay attention to.
- Location – Decide in which area of the city you want to host your graduation party. Perhaps you’d like to rent a space near your high school, university or college? Consider the convenience of your guests: make sure the venue is easy to get to, offers enough parking spaces and - if you’re hosting anyone with disabilities - is wheelchair accessible.
- Vibe – What type of party will you be organizing? Is it going to be a formal dinner party or a casual gathering? Do you want a place where you can listen to some soft tunes in the background as you chat with your guests over the table or do you need a solid PA system and a dance floor to blow off some steam? Look for venues that match the style and vibe of your celebration.
- Food & drinks – What’s a party without food and a proper toast? Decide whether you’d rather have an open buffet or a sit-down meal. Are you looking for a venue that offers in-house catering, like a restaurant or a cafe, do you have any external suppliers in mind or will you be the one to take care of the food and drinks? Remember to ask your guests about any dietary requirements. Also, if it’s a high school graduation, opt for alcohol-free cocktails and soft drinks.
How to make your graduation party a success
You’ve set the date, booked the venue and sent out the invites. Now, let’s make sure your graduation party is truly unforgettable!
Graduation party ideas
- Guest book – Leave a guest book at the entrance to your party, so everyone can sign it and leave you a note or some words of advice. It will be fun to flip through the pages and look back on your special day years later.
- DIY decorations – A great way to personalize your graduation party is to prepare some DIY decorations! You’ll find tons of ideas on the internet, such as customized banners, tassel garlands, creative photo displays, etc. So get inspired and start crafting!
- Playlist – Create a dedicated playlist for your graduation party. You can even create two separate ones: one with some background music to enjoy while you chat with your guests, and another one with your favorite tunes to dance to later on. Just make sure your chosen venue allows you to play your own music and that you have all the necessary equipment to do so.
- Graduation-themed snacks – Again, the internet has tons of easy graduation-themed snack recipes: from graduation cap cupcakes to diploma cookies. Many of them are quite fun and quick to make, and will add that special touch to your party!
- Photo booth – Setting up a photo booth is a tested idea that can be the hit of any party. You can rent a professional one or improvize and make your own. Prepare some props, signs and graduation attire, then strike a pose and keep the memory!
Graduation Party Venues in Los Angeles FAQ
What types of venues can I rent for my graduation party in Los Angeles?
Depending on the style and vibe of your graduation party, Los Angeles has a wide array of spaces to choose from. Among them you’ll find:
- Restaurants – A classic choice for a graduation dinner party.
- Bars – Ranging from extravagant to casual, LA bars are ready to host your celebration.
- Cafes – Ideal for a laid-back gathering.
- Function rooms and private lounges – Perfect if you’re looking for some privacy.
- Dance clubs – Shimmering disco balls, neon lights and talented DJs. Book a dance club and let loose.
- Private homes – LA also offers private homes for rent that can accommodate a wide range of events, including graduation parties.
- Rooftops – Party against the backdrop of blinking city lights and Hollywood Hills looming in the distance.
- Patios – Make the best of the Southern California weather and celebrate your graduation outdoors.
Where to celebrate a graduation party in Los Angeles?
You’ll find the largest concentration of top party venues perfect for celebrating your graduation in the Hollywood area, especially in West Hollywood, Fairfax and around Hollywood Boulevard. Another known party hotspot is Downtown LA. There are also some great places to choose from in Mid City and Santa Monica.
What are the best graduation party venues in Los Angeles?
Here are some of our top picks:
- The Continental Club – Styled as a traditional London members’ club with a modern twist, The Continental Club boasts a selection of private areas and is the perfect place to let loose and dance. Located in the heart of DTLA.
- Berkshire House – A relaxed neighborhood bar with delicious cocktails, savory bites and a private lounge to suit all your party needs. Located in Mid City.
- The Room Santa Monica – An exquisite nightlife spot with speakeasy vibes. Whether you’re planning a small gathering or a larger graduation party, The Room’s elegant decor and unique atmosphere will make the event special.
- Colonial Manor – If you’re looking for a private home to rent for a graduation party, consider this property. Located in a tranquil area just 5 miles from Hollywood and DTLA and 10 miles from Santa Monica, this beautifully preserved colonial-style manor is ready and willing to host your celebration!
- Cabra Los Angeles - This is the perfect venue for your upcoming graduation party. The rooftop dining and drinking destination offers stunning views over the LA skyline. The high-quality food will wow your guests and make the party memorable.
How much does it cost to rent a graduation party venue in Los Angeles?
Hourly rental fees for graduation party venues in LA range from as little as $55 for a small event space up to even $3000 per hour if you want to book a luxurious venue with enough space to host 200 people. All-inclusive package deals can be a great option if you’re on a budget. Those usually start at around $35 and typically stay below $80 per person. (All data from Tagvenue.)