Looking for an event venue that stands out from the crowd? Sydney has plenty of unique function venues to offer, and we’ve cherry-picked the very best ones just for you. Whether you’re planning a birthday party, a wedding reception or a corporate function – our collection of unique venues in Sydney is sure to come in handy. We’ve got spaces that will leave your guests talking for months! To top it all off, we’re happy to share some of our tips on finding and booking the best one for you. Check them out below!
- Step off the beaten track – You’ll be surprised what you can find in the less frequented parts of Sydney. Our roundup of unique venues in Sydney contains heaps of hidden gems scattered all over the city. Are you ready for what you’re about to discover?
- Let the view do the job – The views are what gets the people talking! We’re happy to help you discover venues boasting amazing vistas of the Sydney Harbour and other beautiful parts of the city. These will make a truly unique backdrop for your next event!
- Hire a venue that’s usually used for different purposes – Don’t be afraid to think outside the box. Need an example? Some of the photo studios available for hire in Sydney make amazing wedding venues. All you need is just a little bit of imagination!
So, down to the really important question. How much does it actually cost to hire a truly unique venue in Sydney? As you probably suspected, there is no single answer to this question. We’ve been busy collecting data about venue hire in Sydney and have created a handy guide to make things even easier:
- A large number of venues in Sydney are priced with hire fees. These may vary greatly depending mainly on the location of the venue and its size. For instance, a small venue in the suburbs may have a hire fee of as little as $300 per day, while hiring a larger space in the CBD may cost you between $2000 and $5000.
- Other venues, especially restaurants, bars and pubs, usually work on a minimum spend basis. This means you need to pay a set amount for food and/or drinks, while you’re not spending a single dollar on using the space itself! Minimum spend rates depend on both the capacity of the venue and the time of your event. If you’re organising a function on a weekday, the minimum spend is likely to be much lower than on the weekend. This pricing option can be great value for money! For example, we’re listing Sydney venues suitable for groups of 80 with a minimum spend of $1500. This means you’re very likely to end up spending less than $20 per person. Sounds like a fair deal, doesn’t it?
- Last but not least, some Sydney venues offer all-inclusive event packages. These normally include a set food and drinks menu, sometimes along with extra event services, too. The prices range from $20 to $120 per person.
Where can I find the most unique spaces in Sydney?
As mentioned before, we highly recommend taking the road less travelled. When it comes to Sydney CBD, you might want to explore the less frequented, smaller streets – you never know what you’re going to find! Another handy tip is to explore the up-and-coming neighbourhoods of Sydney. Our particular favourites include:
- Redfern – Just a stone’s throw from the Central Business District, Redfern boasts its own distinctive vibe. It’s full of contrasts, street art and different cultures mixing to create something new and unique – the perfect destination if you’re looking for a venue not too far away from the city centre.
- Newtown – Chic, eclectic and proud of its diverse dining scene – Newtown is the perfect area if you’re on the lookout for unique dinner venues in Sydney. The area is home to heaps of spaces with a one-of-a-kind bohemian vibe you won’t find anywhere else in the city.
- Wollstonecraft – Our North Sydney favourite, Wollstonecraft, offers a wide choice of unique function venues available for hire. Bonus points for views on the Sydney Harbour and the CBD!