Fast-paced New York is known as a city full of opportunities, a place where million-dollar ideas come to life, and where everyone has a place to be and people to meet. So if you’re here to catch hold of some of these opportunities, work on big ideas and make connections, waste no more time – read our tips, check out our selected venues and find the perfect space for your corporate event.
How to pick the ideal New York venue for your corporate event
Let’s have a look at some of the most important details to focus on when searching for the perfect corporate event venue.
- Budget – Begin by figuring out your budget for the event. Once you do that, it will be easy to filter venues by price. Don’t forget to factor in any additional costs, e.g. for catering (though some NYC venues offer package deals that include both the rental fee plus catering). Always ask the venue manager about what’s included in the price and pay attention to the terms and conditions.
- Type of event – Are you organizing a conference, a gala or a press conference? Is it a corporate party, a business meeting or a product launch? The type of event you’re hosting is the main factor that determines the kind of space you’ll need.
- Number of participants – How many participants are you expecting to show up to your event? Knowing the estimated number of attendees is key to booking the right-sized venue. There’s no point in renting a space for 100 if only 50 show up (it would be a huge blow to your budget, too).
- Seating layout – While figuring out the number of participants, also think about the preferred seating layout. Typical layouts for corporate events include theater-, boardroom- or classroom-style seating. You can use Tagvenue’s filters to pick the one you prefer and narrow your search.
- Facilities – Think of all the facilities you’ll need for the event to run smoothly. Breakout rooms? Kitchen facilities? A cocktail lounge? Don’t forget the equipment: screens, projectors, flipcharts, WiFi, whiteboards and the like. Make a list of all the necessities and keep it on hand while searching for the ideal space!
- Catering – Are you looking for a venue that provides in-house catering or do you already have some external caterers in mind? If you opt for the latter, don’t forget to check whether your chosen venue allows external catering and whether any additional fees apply in this case.
- Location – Which neighborhoods and areas in New York are you considering for your corporate event? Remember that the venue should be easy to access. Factor in the traffic and nearby public transport links. Ideally, choose a place near a subway station. If you’ve got participants coming to your event from other cities, also consider the venue’s distance from the nearest subway station or airport.
- Accommodation – Will some of the attendees stay overnight? If so, make sure there are accommodation options available in the nearby area. A convenient solution would be to host your corporate event at a hotel.
What types of venues can I rent for my corporate event in NYC?
Diverse New York is filled with all sorts of venues ready to host corporate events from business meetings, conferences and seminars to fundraisers, elegant banquets and laid-back corporate parties. These are some of the most popular types of spaces you’ll find across the city:
- Meeting rooms – If you’re looking for a place to discuss your next million-dollar idea or brainstorm a business plan, book one of New York’s numerous meeting rooms. Floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic cityscape views or intimate spaces with minimalistic design – there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Conference centers – Conference centers are a classic choice for corporate events. From impressive historic interiors to contemporary spaces in the heart of Manhattan, with state-of-the-art tech equipment and on-site catering.
- Hotels – Many NYC hotels feature spaces perfect for corporate functions, from elegant ballrooms to beautiful boardrooms and modern conferencing facilities. Some of them have outdoor spaces such as private terraces and gardens to relax in, and you can often choose from a range of menus. In addition, booking a hotel for your event solves the question of accommodation.
- Banquet halls – Banquet halls can be great for events such as galas, fundraisers or corporate parties. With their arched ceilings, columns, and chandeliers, New York’s banquet halls boast a timeless charm and elegance.
- Lofts – Lofts and converted warehouses are multi-purpose spaces with a unique ambiance and plenty of room for large-scale events. If you’re into industrial design, this could be the perfect option. However, bear in mind that you’ll probably have to organize your own catering.
- Restaurants – Maybe you’re looking for a place to have a business lunch or a corporate dinner party? In that case, New York has a plethora of restaurants ready and willing to host you and your guests. Many offer private dining rooms or the option of a full buyout, so you can have the space for your exclusive use.
We say no to the same old corporate events over and over again! There’s plenty of ways to add some color to your business ventures, starting from adding a theme to your upcoming party and including some unconventional activities in the next meeting. Still trying to figure out where to start? Have a look at some of our corporate function ideas
Corporate Event Venues in New York City FAQ
How much does it cost to rent a corporate event venue in New York?
Prices for renting event venues in New York City vary wildly, depending on their prestige, capacity and facilities, among other things. On average, booking a space for a corporate event can cost anywhere between $200 and $1700 per hour or $1000 up to more than $10000 per day. Alternatively, you can look for venues that charge per person. Tagvenue offers many affordable spaces with package deals that average at around $40 per person.
Which areas of New York have the best venues for a corporate event?
Many fantastic corporate event venues are located in Midtown Manhattan, within close distance of Penn Station and other transportation hubs. The area is filled with exclusive hotels, contemporary conference centers and elegant restaurants. Some great venues can also be found in the Financial District on the southern tip of the island. If you’re looking for lofts and converted warehouses, consider neighborhoods such as DUMBO, Bushwick or Greenpoint.
What are the best venues for a corporate event in New York?
Check out some of our picks:
How can I organize a corporate event in New York on a budget?
First of all, you need to know your budget. So start by setting your price range, then use Tagvenue to browse spaces that fit your criteria. Estimate the number of participants to avoid booking a venue that’s too big. Start planning the event early – this way, you’ll have more options to choose from and won’t be pressed to accept the first offer you come across. Being flexible on the dates can also get you a better price. Using external caterers can sometimes be more affordable than choosing on-site catering and if you’re serving alcohol, consider hosting a cash bar. Alternatively, look for venues with all-inclusive package deals.