Are you still wondering how to organize a budget-friendly party that the whole city will be talking about for days? We’ve got you covered! Have a look at Tagvenue’s tips on beating a tight budget and throwing a fantastic event! Simply jump right into the list and plan a memorable event without breaking the bank!
How to plan an affordable party?
- Set a budget. Decide on the budget before you make any booking. It’s crucial to plan how much you want to spend on the venue, as well as other incidentals: food, drinks, decorations, invitations, etc. We suggest you compare various options, do some market research and do as much as possible yourself. Also, don’t hesitate to ask venue managers about the price, what’s included in the rental fee or what kind of catering they offer. And always try negotiating! This way you’ll be able to find a place that is perfect not only for your party but also for your budget!
- Use a venue finding platform. Once you know the budget you’ll be working with, we recommend jumping on an online platform such as Tagvenue to easily search for party venues within your price range. Such websites allow you to compare venues side by side: their prices, catering options, on-site equipment, etc. This way you’ll be able to find the most attractive offer and create a fantastic event without breaking the bank.
- Put together a guest list. Having the right people with you can make any party an unforgettable experience. Think through who couldn’t be missed during your celebration and write the names down. If you’re hosting an intimate event or simply celebrating a life milestone, it’s best to invite only people that are closest to your heart. Once you have a clear picture of your guest list, send out the invites! That’s when you’ll be able to proceed with the venue hunt in Dallas!
- Pick the perfect venue. Once the guest list is all clear, it’s time to pick the perfect venue for your event! Dallas has many affordable options, which means you’ll be able to choose from a wide selection! From manicured backyards and cool rooftops to high-end restaurants and vibrant bars, you’ll be truly spoiled. But first, choose the type of venue you’d like your party to take place in. Do you want to host a birthday party in one of the city’s dance studios? Or do you prefer somewhere more subtle, such as a private room in the back of a pub, for an anniversary celebration? It doesn’t matter what you have in mind, you can be sure to find some hidden gems in Dallas!
- Set the date. First things first, be flexible! Before you start your search, have a few dates in mind! This could be a huge money-saver since it opens the door to negotiating a lower price. Simply talk to the venue manager of your chosen venue and see if you can agree on a solution that suits both sides. We also suggest you consider an off-peak time for hosting your party. Many places offer cheaper rates on weekdays compared to weekends, so there’s a chance you’ll have your dream venue at an affordable price.
- Bring your own food. In-house catering can be a big part of the rental fee. So if you’re looking for ways to go easy on your wallet, try to rent out a place that allows you to bring your own food for the party. Either locate affordable caterers or luck out and ask your guests to bring a dish with them. Create a shared list with general options (such as “main dish”, “salad”, “dessert”, etc.) to avoid having multiple people bring the same things.
- Save up on the drinks. Alcohol is expensive and can really make a dent in your budget. That’s why we suggest you either choose your own supplier and buy in bulk or simply ask your guests to bring their favorite liquors with them. Don’t forget to have a selection of non-alcoholic options for all of the non-drinkers. And, finally, remember to book a venue with a BYOB policy and look out for unpleasant surprises, such as corkage fees.
- Keep it simple. A successful party doesn’t mean a huge budget and over-the-top decorations. Instead of renting a sophisticated venue, go for a local bar or an affordable eatery in the neighborhood. The same goes for the entertainment: you don’t have to hire a circus to ensure your guests have a fab night. And when it comes to decorations, keep them to a minimum. Simply, choose something that will make a big impression and avoid buying things that you’ll probably use only once. Have a look around your house for items that could be useful for the party, and in case you’re still missing some things, ask family and friends whether they could lend you the necessities.
Cheap Party Venues in Dallas FAQ
Can I throw a rooftop party in Dallas?
Absolutely! Rooftop venues offer not only lots of privacy but also a one-of-a-kind setting, including unobstructed views of the Dallas skyline. You can easily scroll through Tagvenue’s selection of rooftop venues, book your favorite and enjoy the glow of the Texas sun during your party.
What are the best areas to host a party in Dallas?
Downtown Dallas is where you’ll find sweeping views of the city, as well as many fantastic party venues, from elegant restaurants, halls to laid-back pubs and rooftop venues. Hub for the performing arts, Deep Ellum is known for its vibrant atmosphere, omnipresent creativity, cool bars and casual eateries. When it comes to Lower Greenville, you can’t miss out on Greenville Avenue and its trendy bistros, bars and wide plethora of outdoor spots. Oak Lawn is where you’ll find places of all shapes, types and sizes - whether you’re looking for a bar, a restaurant, a cafe or a backyard, this neighborhood has it all.
Is it possible to organize a budget-friendly party in Dallas?
Although Dallas is listed as one of the high-priced cities in the US, there are plenty of hidden gems where you could host a fantastic party without spending a fortune. We suggest you go off the beaten path and look for the party venues in the lesser-known areas. And to ensure you’re only browsing places that fall within your price range, have a go at Tagvenue’s search filters. Be sure to find an amazing budget-friendly space where you won’t have to compromise the quality of your event.
How much does it cost to rent a party venue in Dallas?
Rental fees for party venues in Dallas vary depending on the place’s location, type and size. Plenty of spaces offer special packages of which prices range between $15 and $75 per person. The most popular pricing structure that you’ll find in Dallas is hourly rental - rates vary from $60 to $350 per hour, but some small places charge as little as $15 per hour. (Based on data from Tagvenue.)