Celebrate the last days of freedom in one of Chicago’s fantastic venues and have the time of your life! The rule of thumb of every bridal shower is as follows: the bride is the most important! So keep that in mind when organizing the party and don’t plan something that she’ll probably not like! Definitely don’t come up with a theme, menu or activities she won’t enjoy, and in case you’re not sure what their preferences are, ask around and find out!
If you’re stuck for ideas, you can always browse the internet to find inspiration for an unforgettable party! Or simply jump to our text below where you’ll find plenty of tips and tricks for the party of your life!
Tips and tricks:
What you should consider before starting the whole planning process.
- Budget. All event planning should start with setting the budget. Once it’s established, you can narrow down the search to venues and locations that won’t make you go bankrupt. The smart search filters on our platform enable you to put in the price range and then easily browse through the results that match the criteria.
- Guest list. Your budget also influences the size of the venue that you’ll be renting for your bridal shower. This is why you should carefully think through your guest list and decide which people cannot be missed during this special event. Typically, the guest list is limited to people who are also attending the wedding and includes family members, as well as closest friends. In case you’re thinking of throwing an intimate bridal shower, invite only the bridal party.
- Location. It’s a tough nut to crack. Some of the city’s hottest party spots can be found in the Downtown area, but you can also find plenty of gems hidden in Wicker Park, Garfield Park or Lincoln Park. If you’re looking for somewhere quiet and peaceful, how about having a look at Hollywood Park’s charming venues? But remember to keep in mind such aspects as accessibility, nearby transport hubs for those who will be traveling by public transport and parking spaces for car owners.
- The type of bridal shower. Ask the bride-to-be what she would like to do for her special celebration. Some might want a brunch-style party whilst others can only imagine themselves partying the night away in a bar or a club. There are many ways in which you can celebrate the last days as an unmarried woman, so think it through and pick the best idea.
- Catering. You don’t want your guests to be hungry or thirsty during the party, which is why you can’t forget about the food and drinks! One thing is certain: the sky's the limit! From a buffet-style feast to a sit-down dinner, from Japanese sushi to Italian pasta, you can decide on whatever you want. There is just one thing to remember: ask your guests about their dietary restrictions before making any final decisions.
Bridal shower ideas:
Knowing exactly what type of event you want to throw will help you decide on the perfect venue for your shower. If you’re still not sure in which direction you want to go, have a look at some of our suggestions and get inspired!
- Brunch. Many bridal showers take place mid-morning, so why not lean into that time of the day as well? First of all, the menu is key. Think carefully about what you would like to indulge in when celebrating such a special event. You can either go for classics, including pancakes, mimosas and coffee, however, feel free to reimagine what you’ll be feasting on - there is no one perfect way to brunch. Apart from the menu, consider the dress code for you and your guests, as well as the decor. This is a pre-wedding party, so feel free to go for a more casual theme.
- Luncheon. If the bride-to-be is not a morning person, how about throwing a bridal luncheon?! First things first, think about the food you’d like to relish during the party! In Chicago, you’ll be able to find plenty of great spots serving cuisine from all around the world complemented by delicious drinks! Once you’ve made up your mind what you’ll be eating, start the venue hunt. During this process, consider the size of your guest list, desired decor and great accessibility for all of the guests. Once you’ve given plenty of consideration to the key elements, such as food, drinks and decorations, other details of your party like favors, music or extra activities, will easily come together.
- Dinner party. This is a classic way to throw a bridal shower. Your dinner party can be either low-key or elaborated, whatever you desire! Given Chicago is the dining hub, you’ll have plenty of venues to choose from! Great restaurants are spread all over the city, from Michelin-starred eateries to more casual spots.
- Fun night out. We’ve already mentioned the more traditional times for bridal showers, but who said you have to stick to tradition? After all, the party should be all about you and look exactly how you’ve dreamt! If the bride-to-be wants to go out, grab a few drinks with her friends and show off some dance moves, have a look at Chicago’s trendy bars and clubs where these desires can come true!
- Activity-oriented shower. These are gaining more and more popularity, so why not lean into it and celebrate in a less conventional way? Depending on the bride-to-be’s preferences, you can choose from a wide variety of activities, such as various cooking classes, art classes or wine tasting experiences. The options are truly endless, so don’t let your creativity limit you and prepare a great event for your and your guests!
Bridal Shower Venues in Chicago FAQ
How close to the wedding should the bridal shower be?
Usually, the bridal shower is held sometime between 6 months and a week before the wedding - it all depends on your plans and preferences. If many of your guests are traveling from somewhere far, we recommend you have the party closer to the wedding so they can attend. Otherwise, it makes sense to throw it anywhere four to eight weeks before the big day as it will make everyone excited, without adding any more stress for the bride.
Where should a bridal shower be held?
A bridal shower can take place anywhere. The most common place used to be the host’s home but since a few years, the popular spots include restaurants, cafes, backyards, rooftops or even rented apartments. Depending on the size of the guest list and the bride-to-be’s preferences, you can also throw the party in an art studio, a dance studio, spa or an art gallery.
How far in advance should I rent a bridal shower venue?
Start your search as soon as possible - it will give you a chance to book the place of your choice without any problems. We suggest you do so at least 3 months in advance to ensure the venue is available on the date of your party.
How much does it cost to rent a bridal shower venue in Chicago?
The options are as varied as the city, so you can be sure you’ll find a great venue suitable for your budget. Hourly rates start at $20 and can get as high as $300 per hour. If you feel like renting the place for the whole day, rental fees vary from $250 up to $5000 per session. Some venues offer special packages with prices ranging from $22 to $92 per person. (All data from Tagvenue.)