Singapore is a bustling city that has become a global hub for business. Its strategic location, excellent infrastructure, and efficient legal system have helped it attract international companies from all over the world.
Singapore is also an amazing location with a great choice of corporate function venues. The pressure of making the right decision is high, and managing all the bits and bobs that go into corporate event planning might seem like a daunting task. Don't worry though! We will help you match your event to the venue type and make the best possible impression on your guests. Here are some types of venues you can consider for your next corporate event:
- Auditorium. This type of venue is most commonly found in Rochon and Outram and is perfect for a corporate event such as a product launch. It also works for any event that includes a presentation, such as a meeting or a conference. An auditorium is usually very flexible when it comes to capacity and decorations, so if that’s a priority for your event, hiring an auditorium could be the best option for you. This type of venue also gives you a lot of space for movement, so go ahead and organise a teambuilding activity!
- Restaurant. You can find spaces in restaurants for hire all around Singapore, but most frequently in Kampong Glam and on Sentosa Island. You can choose to hire either a table, a part of the restaurant or a private dining room, depending on the number of guests. Booking this kind of space is perfect if you are planning a company dinner or a meal with investors when you need to impress.
- Bar. A bar is a perfect space for a networking event or a team-building activity. Look around Ghim Moh, Civic District or Bras Basah if you are seeking a stylish bar for your corporate event. What better way to create team spirit and share ideas than over tasty cocktails and delicious pub food?
- Boat. Take to the waves with an original alternative to the usual landlocked company party - take your guests out on the Singapore River or the Singapore Strait. There are many boats of different shapes and sizes available for hire around the city, so it only depends on your guest list size. You can organise a dinner party on the deck, or opt for a party with an open bar and finger food.
- Hall. If you are planning a function or corporate event with a long guest list, consider renting a hall. For the best spaces, you should look in Tuas and Sentosa Island. The main perk of a hall for your event is that it is very flexible in layout. You can choose to have a buffet or hire a waiter service. You can also arrange the seating as you wish and decorate the space to your liking. So, if you need to manage the layout, a hall is definitely your best choice.
We know that finding the perfect space for your next corporate function, conference, or team-building event can be a real challenge. We've got some tips and tricks to help you find the best possible venue for your needs:
- Start by thinking about what kind of event you're hosting. Is it a casual meeting or an elaborate black-tie affair? If you're hosting a casual meeting, then think about renting out a space that has a more relaxed feel. If you're looking for something with more of an upscale vibe, consider booking an event space in one of the city's hotels or high-rise office buildings. If your event is going to be outdoors, check the weather forecast before booking any spaces. You don't want to rent out a venue only to find out it's raining on the day of your event!
- Once you've decided on your theme, think about the size of the room you need. Think about how many people you want to fit into your space. The rule of thumb is about 2-4 square metres per person, though this varies based on the type of event. Make sure it has enough seating for everyone who's attending and that there isn't too much extra space for people to get lost in during presentations!
- Next, think about the catering needs for your event. Do you want to provide food and beverages for everyone who attends? If so, what type of food will be served? Once you've decided on these details, you can start searching for a venue that has in-house catering services or allows you to provide your own.
- Consider whether or not there will be any special equipment used at the event. When you're looking at potential venues, think about the kinds of amenities that are important to you. If you're having a presentation or speech, then make sure the space has enough seating for everyone who's attending. If there will be any live music or other entertainment, book a venue that can accommodate it!
- Once you've found a venue that meets all of your needs, be sure to book it as soon as possible. If you wait until the last minute, there's a chance that the venue might be unavailable. You don't want someone else snatching up the perfect space for your event! Once you've booked the venue, pat yourself on the back!
Corporate Event Venues in Singapore FAQ
How much does it cost to rent a corporate event venue in Singapore?
The cost of renting a corporate event venue in Singapore depends on the capacity and the specific location of the space. For example, the average price for holding an event at an auditorium or a conference centre for 50 people is $200-$600 per hour depending on the amenities and catering options available. If you're hosting an event for a large group of people, the prices on restaurants and banquet halls start at $1500 per session, go up to $5000+ per session and usually operate on minimum spend, which means you need to spend a set amount on food and beverages during the session. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Which areas of Singapore are best for hosting a corporate party?
Singapore is one of the most exciting cities in Asia, but there are many factors that make different areas of the city better suited for different types of events. For example, if you're looking for an outdoor venue that offers great views of Singapore's skyline, then Marina Centre is probably your best bet. If you want to host an elegant evening affair on top of one of Singapore's tallest buildings and have access to one of the most breathtaking views in all of Southeast Asia, then we recommend taking a look at Civic District. However, if you're hosting a more casual event with your colleagues or friends where you want to get away from the hustle and bustle while still being able to see the city lights below and enjoy refreshments at a rooftop bar or restaurant, then you may want to consider hosting your event in Chinatown. It's a vibrant neighbourhood that has a lot of character and charm, so your guests are sure to have fun exploring the area before or after your event.
What are some of the best corporate event venues in Singapore?
If you're looking for an unforgettable experience for your employees or clients, there are plenty of options available to you. Here are some of our favourites:
- City on A Hill. When you're planning your next event, you want things to be fun, but you also want to make sure that everything runs smoothly. With this venue, you can do both! The option is perfect for corporate team-building events as it has all kinds of awesome amenities that are sure to impress your guests. The space offers an in-house catering menu that will make your mouth water, access to the whole venue including the Large Auditorium and Digital Lab (which are great for breakout sessions), a retro arcade game machine, a convertible pool and ping pong table (yes, you read that right), sound system and TVs. Your event surely can go off without a hitch!
- Sky Garden at Grand Park City Hall. If you're looking for an outdoor space, we've got just what you need! Host your next event here and treat your guests to a breathtaking view. With plenty of room for guests to mingle around tables or lounge on cushioned seats while enjoying cocktails — or both! — you can create beautiful memories here while also giving them something unique they won't forget anytime soon. Hold your event in this beautiful, nature-inspired setting that is perfectly suited to outdoor festivities.
- Knots Cafe and Living (Pasir Panjang). If you're looking for an event venue in Singapore that's both intimate and equipped with modern amenities, this is the place for you. Located in a quaint location, this garden-themed cafe is surrounded by flora and offers a high ceiling and rustic furniture to help create a warm ambience for your event. The venue offers in-house catering services that can be tailored to your specific requirements. Your guests will be able to enjoy their food at any of the seating areas with its cosy couches overlooking lush greenery.
What kind of food can I serve at a corporate event?
There are so many options when it comes to catering food for your corporate event. Think about what type of event it is (formal or informal) and what foods the attendees might expect. If it's a networking event, then finger foods and light snacks may be more appropriate. If it's an awards ceremony or business talk, then a sit-down dinner may be more suitable. If you're unsure about what type of food to serve, check the venue's in-house catering menu to see what they offer.