Who’s ready to party? We’re ready to party! Or at least find some cool restaurants in Miami to celebrate your birthday. It’s not every day that you (or a person you love) become officially one year older. So, how many are we talking about: 5, 20, or 30 years old? No matter what, the venues we have picked out for you will satisfy guests of all ages, so grab a piece of paper and a pen, and let’s get down to business. It’s time for a checklist, recommendations, birthday party trends and more!
Birthday restaurant rental checklist
Birthdays are the time to enjoy a meal out and pamper yourself a little. Location is important when planning where to have your birthday dinner, so you’ll want to keep in mind the distance between the restaurant and any other party location you’re planning to go to. It is also important to determine how you intend to get there. Are you going to have a driver, or would you prefer to take a bus or another form of public transport? If it’s your guests’ first time in Miami, you should consider visiting some of our famous parks and walking down South Beach Parkway or Lincoln Road.
It's important to consider the budget. How much are you willing to pay? Do you know what goes into the rental fee? There's no standard price for renting a restaurant. It all depends on where you want to go and how long you want to stay there. However, there are some common elements that go into the decision:
- Capacity. You need to know how many people are coming to your party in order to rent a venue. In a lot of venues, the price will be offered per person, meaning that you will have to pay for every individual. Get your guests to respond quickly to the invitations so you have a rough idea of how many people to expect. If you invite a lot of people but not all of them decide to come, you can always rent a smaller event space, and hopefully, also pay a little less.
- Time. How long do you plan to stay at the restaurant? The longer you book the space for, the more expensive it will be. However, some restaurants offer a price-per-session option, meaning that you can stay until the morning (or until the restaurant closes), just as long as you pay the whole amount upfront. These venues usually range from around $1,000 to $3,000. (All data from Tagvenue.)
- Decorations. Some places have a minimal look, while others are heavily decorated with accessories like plants and artwork. You might need to pay extra if you plan to decorate or remove any items. However, feel free to chat with the manager to find out if adding decorations is possible, especially if they won’t bother any of the staff. Just don’t leave too much of a mess. No one likes messy guests!
- Food. Many restaurants include meal prices in their rental fees, but this isn't always the case. What about desserts? Drinks? You can always opt for a BYOB option if the restaurant’s beverage options feel too much on the pricey side. Check what foods and drinks are included in the rental fee before booking.
- Cancellations. Do you know what will happen if you decide to cancel your party? Obviously, no one wants this to happen, but every circumstance should be taken into consideration. Cancellations happen from time to time, and it would be good to have some knowledge (or insurance) in case you’ll have to back out of renting the event space. Some venues offer to give you back the whole cost, if you cancel within a set notice period, while others will take the whole payment and not give you back a single penny, unfortunately. Read the contract and ask the manager before you sign.
Birthday celebration trends
Miami is a city known for its multicultural background and the party-hearty lifestyle of the people who live and visit there, but sometimes there's nothing better to do than sit back and eat a nice meal. There are restaurants all over Miami that cater to birthdays. Many of these eateries treat birthday guests to free extras (that's definitely not something you hear about in New York). From quiet ambiance to luxurious meals, here are some of the biggest birthday trends in Miami this year:
- Going B-I-G. The number one trend for this year is going over the top. Whatever it is that you’re planning, make it twice as big. And we don’t necessarily mean it has to be a lot more expensive. If you want to keep it affordable, just make the decor stand out big and bright and bold! Treat your guests to something memorable this year, and instead of hosting at home consider keeping them on their toes with something unexpected in a gorgeous event space. If you’re feeling up for it, serve some cool big drinks and opt for one big cake, with lots of pretty decorations. Luxurious and in style!
- Live entertainment. We understand that everyone's birthdays are different and need a personalized touch to make them one-of-a-kind. Make your special day even more memorable by going to a restaurant with live performances. With things like magicians, fortune-tellers and kids' theater, your guests will have a blast. Check with the restaurant if they can offer any recommendations, and if not, then head over to this website to find a live performer. We also hear that a form of hybrid entertainment is big this year - mixing live music with DJs and combining different music styles makes it an unforgettable experience. And if you don’t feel like having strangers perform, you can always add some karaoke and perform with just your guests.
- Colorful catering (especially for children). Food has always been the centerpiece of any party, especially if it’s your child's birthday party. Make it fun, creative & exciting while catering to the young one's taste buds too (or your own of course). Decorate the cakes and pastries, add some food coloring to the mix and make the sweet stuff stand out. Get creative with the shapes and sizes. And of course, if you’re not bringing anything of your own - you can always request some personalized dishes at the restaurant if possible.
- Fairy tale themes. Once again - a favorite for the children, but who says it couldn’t be yours too? But since we’re talking about the younglings - give your child the opportunity to experience a fairy tale in one of the fab venues we’ve picked out. With specific themes to choose from, be it princesses and pirates, trains and planes or the traditional range of Disney favorites. Help your kids experience a fairy tale of their own by decorating the venue, preparing some themed cuisine, and maybe having everyone dress up (or at least the children). They’re bound to love it! And if you’re feeling adventurous, why not throw this type of party for some older generations as well, who says that kids should have all the fun?
We did so much research, we even came across “Axe Throwing” as a trend for adult parties this year… So let’s stop right there before anyone gets hurt and instead move on to some recommended event spaces for a great birthday bash.
Birthday restaurants recommendations in Miami
What types of places can you expect to rent in Miami? We have found some indoor and outdoor options, which include patios, terraces, lounges and bars. If you want to go all out there are even clubs in which you can be sure to have a fabulous dance in. So what would you like to book for your upcoming birthday dinner? Keep reading to find some cool inspirations!
- One of the first things you'll likely notice when you walk into Extra Virgin Bistro is the Patio. It's defined by soaring palm trees and cute garden chairs. This area is one of our favorite places to be in Miami, especially when the weather is nice and the breeze is calm. It's a great place to watch the sun go down over the skyline. If you want to opt for a chill birthday dinner, then this place is perfect. You can find this cool space in Miami Beach.
- Feeling a bit fancier? Look no further than OMAKAI, a top-notch sushi restaurant located on Northwest 2nd Avenue that can accommodate up to 50 guests. Their seasoned team is dedicated to educating customers about the authentic knowledge of sushi, preserving and sharing the culture of the cuisine every step of the way. Whether you choose to trust the chef and "leave it up to them" with the highest-quality seasonal and chef-selected appetizers, nigiri, and hand rolls, or opt for à la carte menu for more experienced sushi eaters, you'll indulge in top-quality sushi at an accessible price. Trust us, your taste buds will thank you.
- How about an international event space? Would you like to book a Mexican bar with a copper-and-wrought-iron "fuego"? The venue is famous for its seafood cuisine, and make sure your guests are into it as external catering is not allowed. Entire Venue at Como Como - Marisqueria is the perfect venue if you wish to invite some friends and live the experience in this unique space. If you like what you hear then head to Miami Beach and rent this space.
- Miami could never be short of outdoor event spaces. The weather is always beautiful in this area, so we’re guessing you’ll like having quite a few outdoor options. Have you seen the beautiful Patio and Pool at Limonada Bar and Brunch? The outdoor area has a very casual vibe with tables and chairs scattered around the patio. There is also a cute small pool that can offer a refreshing moment from the sun, which makes it perfect for an afternoon lunch or dinner. You can find this location on Washington Avenue in Miami Beach.
- And last but not least let’s take a look at Entire Venue at Havana 1957 Lincoln Road. A unique space where you can feel right in Cuba. There’s music, there’s an outdoor space and there’s an atmosphere you won’t find anywhere else. Located in Miami Beach, this place is perfect for a good cocktail and authentic Cuban recipes. If you’re planning a cool birthday party of up to 304 people, cocktail party style, this is the location for you.
Have you seen something you’d like yet? With so many choices it will be hard to pick just one, but with Tagevnue’s search engine, you’ll have an easy time narrowing down the number of venues and picking a perfect one. Now go get a booking - birthday restaurants in Miami await!
Birthday Restaurants in Miami FAQ
Can I expect a discount when renting a birthday restaurant in Miami?
Yes, you can expect to get a few dollars off when renting birthday restaurants in Miami. You can get discounts ranging from 10% to as high as 20%. The discounts usually serve as an incentive for customers to come back again. It also gives the restaurant greater exposure to new potential customers. However, don’t take our word for it, and don’t expect it in every restaurant - contact the host of the venue and negotiate the price!
How much do birthday restaurants cost in Miami?
The price range of birthday restaurants in Miami starts at $15 and ends at roughly $60 per person. The price depends on the capacity of the venue, location and amenities available. So be prepared for some affordable options, as well as more expensive ones! (All data from Tagvenue.)
How far in advance should I book a birthday restaurant in Miami?
If it’s a smaller birthday party then expect to book around 2 months in advance. You will feel comfortable knowing where the event will take place, and have enough time to get everything ready. However, if you’re planning to go all out and book a huge venue for a large number of guests, then we recommend booking even half a year before the event. Bigger parties need more time to prepare food, decor and everything in between.
Which neighborhoods in Miami offer the best birthday restaurants?
We’ve checked high and low, and we came to a conclusion that the best neighborhoods in Miami to offer restaurants are by far Miami Beach, Downtown Miami and Wynwood. These neighborhoods offer a vibrant nightlife, a great party scene and colorful streets filled with diverse people. If you wanted to celebrate your birthday in Miami, then these are definitely the locations for you.