About this space
With unrivaled views overlooking the iconic Trafalgar Square, the Portico Entrance is an extraordinary event space. It is ideal for a summer drinks reception or alfresco dining on the exquisite black and white mosaic floor.
In inclement weather, Central Hall can be used as the wet weather option.
Alcohol licence until 23:00
Rules of the space
Client and Event Suitability
The National Gallery is an internationally recognized institution that strives to preserve, enhance, and develop the potential of our collection for our public whilst increasing income and care for our physical facilities.
We welcome a variety of Venue Hire and Corporate Member events whilst safeguarding our reputation, the public, our collection and our facilities by declining events that could bring the gallery into disrepute or jeopardize our security.
Below is a list of the types of organizations and style of events we are unable to accommodate:
* Politically affiliated events, including lobbying organizations or those fundraising on behalf of political parties. The
National Gallery must at all times be a neutral space and therefore we cannot accept any event that has content which
could compromise this.
* Fundraising events from charities from the arts and heritage sectors.
* Ticketed events or third party hosting unless otherwise agreed in writing by us.
*Events that bring in other artwork or copies of our collection.
Below is a list of additional restrictions we apply:
* Children under the age of 14 are not permitted at events without the prior consent of the Events Manager.
* Gambling, including auctions, raffles, etc., requires the prior written consent of the National Gallery. It shall be the
responsibility of the client to obtain any licenses and permissions required under the Gambling Act 2005 should theNational Gallery consent be provided.
We kindly ask that you highlight any queries you may have about the possible association with the Gallery so that we can best advise you - failing to do so could result in the cancellation of an event with no compensation.