As the largest city in the north of the UK, Manchester plays host to a number of different conferences across the year and is a diverse hive of business and leisure. This has in turn brought about a huge demand for hotel conference venues. Here are some of the top things to consider when hiring your next venue there:
- Accommodation - Much of the motivation behind choosing a conference venue with accommodation is to give your attendees an easy place to stay the night. This makes it vitally important to check whether your potential conference venue has the availability and capacity to accommodate all of your guests in the same space. In a busy city such as Manchester, demand is high, so be sure to look into this early so not to miss out.
- Location - With Manchester welcoming conference guests from all over the UK and Europe, it’s vitally important that the space you choose is also well-located. In a 5 minute radius of Manchester Piccadilly, the city's major railway station, you’ll find a vast range of hotels with event rooms, as well as a great mix of meeting venues within a stone’s throw of Manchester Airport.
- Services and extras - Many hotels will offer standard and premium services with optional extras. Before booking, it’s important to understand what is included in your conference package and whether any extra services you’d like are up to standard and fit within your budget. Bear in mind that technology plays an increasingly important role in modern conferences, so be sure to check that your conference venue has access to whatever you will need - as well as, most importantly, good and free WiFi.
- Facilities – Choose a hotel that has all of the components that you will need. Examples: audiovisual equipment, stages, podium, microphones, etc. By choosing a venue that includes these things, you will save a lot of money having to rent or buy them elsewhere.
- Compare venues and services – We’ve done our best to make it easy for you, nonetheless, don’t forget to compare your top venue choices before booking your event. Click on each venue that seems like a good fit and weigh your options by considering their differences, pros and cons. A lot of smaller hotel meeting rooms my fit the style you want but can’t provide other needs like larger hotels are able to.
- Staffing – Check with the hotel and make sure that they will have sufficient staff on site during your event. The last thing you want is to have to move your own chairs when you have other important matters on your mind.
Prices of hotel conference venues in Manchester can vary, that is why we prepared the three most common pricing models for you to take a look at:
- The hire fee pricing structure is a charge you will see the most. This typically includes the use of a conference room only. The cost ranges from £400-£2,500.
- The per person pricing structure is also a charge you will likely come across, especially with hotels that could cater your conference as well. The per person cost ranges from £50-£140 per person.
- The minimum spend pricing structure is a less common charge that you may see on occasion. The minimum spend charge means that as long as you pay a minimum price for food and drinks, you won’t have to pay for the venue. This cost usually ranges from £450-£1,200.
Still have some questions, or just lacking inspiration? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions that can help you out:
How early should I reserve the hotel venue for my conference?
Availability varies greatly with each hotel, depending on its popularity and time of year – we recommend reserving your conference venue at least three months in advance. For larger conventions, you should book the venue even up to a year prior.
Will conference hotels allow commuters?
Yes, although most conference packages at hotels come with special room rates, there isn’t typically a requirement to stay at the hotel.