A business lunch is one of the occasions when it’s usually better to stick to something acclaimed and known for great service. However, that's not where the planning ends. Take a look at a few of our tips on what to consider before choosing the perfect lunch venue for hire in Melbourne:
- Menu – Check the restaurant’s offer before booking a venue to make sure it has all the essentials. Meat, fish and non-meat options are a must, as well as a selection of quality wines. Those kinds of details are often what makes or breaks a lunch party. You can also consult the meal choice with your colleagues beforehand and narrow the menu down to a couple of options.
- Reviews – Take a look at the reviews and see what other people say about the service. Despite amazing food, unattentive waiters can really ruin the professional atmosphere and the mood of your guests.
- Dietary restrictions – While many restaurants are able to cater to a variety of different dietary needs like vegan, gluten-free, etc., this is by no means standard. Check in advance with your guests and the restaurant to avoid any issues. In Melbourne CBD, the range of lunch venues serving different cuisines is pretty wide – you’re sure to find something to suit your needs.
Our team understands that budgeting is a big part of planning a corporate lunch party, so we prepared a short overview of pricing models to help you know your options:
- Per person – The most common pricing model for a business lunch venue in Melbourne is payment per person, which means you pay a designated amount ranging from $30-$80 for each guest.
- Minimum spend – Prices of this model can range from $400-$10000, mostly depending on the size of the venue you're hiring. This means you don't pay anything for the venue itself, but you commit to spending an agreed upon amount of money in food and drinks. This option is particularly popular for more elaborate gatherings, such as Christmas lunches.
- Hire fee – The cost of hiring the room ranges from $100 - $1500. For a lunch party, this is usually combined with one of the previous two pricing models.
Here are a few examples of the most popular locations for business lunch venues in Melbourne:
- Melbourne CBD – It doesn't come as a surprise that CBD is the most popular location for lunch venues for hire. It is not only convenient when it comes to location, but also has many culinary options. Craving Italian food or maybe sushi? CBD can offer that and much more.
- Docklands – Docklands has one big advantage over other locations and that is the beautiful view. Who wouldn’t want to enjoy their meal while looking at the Yarra River? A soothing water view will help relax even your most anxious colleagues.
- Southbank – Want the style without the price tag? A lunch party venue in Southbank is the perfect choice for you! It has the same class as any venue in the Melbourne CBD but offers it for a lower price.