Unique Restaurants Rental Guide
Sprawling Los Angeles is famous for many things, and one of them is its extremely diverse dining scene. The city is filled with fun spots that offer unique experiences and are ready to make any occasion even more special. Retro lounges, members’ club styled venues or beach party themed interiors – the choice is all yours! Scroll through our listings and pick something that catches your eye. And for some extra inspiration, check out our tips and FAQ section!
What kind of events can I host at a unique restaurant?
The answer is – pretty much any type of event you would normally host at a regular restaurant. Just make sure the quirky atmosphere suits the vibe of your event and the people you’re inviting. Quirky restaurants will work especially well for:
- Birthdays – Throwing a special birthday dinner party? Then how about spicing it up by booking a space that’s a little out of the ordinary? We’re sure you’ll remember this one for years to come.
- Engagement parties – Maybe you’ve just gotten engaged and are looking for a place to celebrate the new chapter that’s about to begin? Hosting a dinner in an unusual space can be a good way to loosen up the atmosphere and help your guests get to know one another.
- Graduation parties – An offbeat restaurant is also a fantastic spot for organizing a graduation dinner party, especially if you’re going for a themed event. Pick a restaurant whose quirkiness matches your chosen theme. Or, you can first choose the restaurant and then adjust your theme to fit the vibe!
- Wedding receptions – If you’re looking for something slightly unconventional for your wedding reception, then opting for one of LA’s fun and unique restaurants is a great idea. Think about the wedding photographs! They’ll surely be something to look at.
- Holiday parties – Restaurants are a popular choice for holiday parties. And booking a quirky space can only add to the cheer! So pick something unique and enjoy an extraordinary holiday feast.
- Company outings – Corporate parties are great for getting everyone together and letting them relax. And what better way to do that than by choosing a setting that’s as far removed from the office environment as possible?
Things to keep in mind when booking a restaurant
If you’ve already decided that renting a unique restaurant for your event in Los Angeles is the way to go, here are a few key things that will help you choose the perfect space.
- Budget – The first step is to figure out your budget. LA’s restaurants range from laid-back to extravagant and prices can vary wildly. But don’t worry if your budget is tight. Although generally expensive, the city offers plenty of spaces with character that won’t cost you a fortune. Once you’ve set your price range, use Tagvenue’s filters to browse restaurants that fit your criteria.
- Number of guests – Next, think about how many people you’d like to invite to your event. The estimated number of guests will help you choose the perfect-sized venue. Our platform also makes it easy to filter restaurants by capacity, so use that to narrow your search.
- Layout – When you’re figuring out your guest list, also think about the seating arrangements. Would you like to have a few separate tables or one long table? Our filters offer a few seating layouts to choose from, so you can easily view the restaurants that offer your desired option.
- Date – Another crucial thing to consider is the date of your event. Keep in mind that the most popular restaurants get booked well in advance, especially during periods of high demand, such as the holiday season. It helps if you can be flexible with the dates or days of the week. Some restaurants offer lower rates during the week compared to the weekend.
- Location – Decide which areas of Los Angeles you’re interested in and remember to factor in the convenience of your guests. The location you choose should be easy to get to, whether it’s on foot, by car, or via public transport. If you’re hosting anyone with disabilities, make sure the restaurant has the right facilities, such as wheelchair-friendly restrooms, etc.
- Food and drinks – One of the most important things to consider when booking a restaurant is obviously food and drinks. Decide if you want to let your guests order dishes from the menu or if you will serve pre-prepared food. Don’t forget to ask your guests about their dietary restrictions and provide alcohol-free beverages for any non-drinkers in your group.
- Mood – Last but not least, the atmosphere. There can be many shades of quirky, so be specific about what you’re looking for! Are we talking Alice in Wonderland type of crazy or something more toned down yet still unique in its own way? The design, decor, music, lighting and even the staff all contribute to the overall mood of the restaurant. Schedule a viewing to experience the space in person before you finalize the booking.
FAQs about Unique Restaurants in Los Angeles, CA
How much does it cost to rent a unique restaurant in Los Angeles?
Prices for renting a quirky restaurant in Los Angeles range from around $1500 to $4000 per day. If you’re on a tight budget, it’s a good idea to look for places that offer package deals. Those typically include the costs of venue rental plus catering. Prices of such packages typically range from $25 to $200 per person. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Which areas of Los Angeles have the best quirky restaurants?
You’ll find the most choice around the bustling areas of Downtown, Koreatown, Hollywood and Fairfax. If you’re into hip and artsy vibes, check out Los Feliz, Silver Lake and Echo Park. LA’s beach cities such as Santa Monica and Long Beach also have a repertoire of unusual places worth checking out.
What are the best unique restaurants in Los Angeles?
Check out some of our top picks:
- The Continental Club – Styled as a traditional London members’ club with a contemporary twist, The Continental Club is designed with attention to detail. Attention: there is a dress code! A stylish venue like this requires equally stylish attire. Located in the heart of Downtown LA.
- The Association – Hidden behind a simple black door with a lion head knocker is a dimly-lit, NYC-style lounge with regal carpets, mirrors and leather banquettes. The venue’s eclectic design and unique ambiance will make your event one to remember. Located in the Bank District in DTLA.
- Traxx Restaurant – Located in the historic Union Station, Traxx Restaurant can take you right back to the olden days. The venue’s unusual setting and original features create an unmatched atmosphere that accompanies the fine dining experience.
Why should I rent a unique restaurant for my event?
Choosing the perfect space is one of the most important steps in event planning. Renting a quirky restaurant is a simple way to surprise your guests, add more flavor to an otherwise standard dining experience and make the whole event more memorable. So if you want to plan something extraordinary, find a quirky spot that will spice up the occasion!