Here are our tips on what to consider before choosing the perfect space for your children’s party in Manchester:
- The time of the year – Manchester’s hottest months are from June to August with an average high of 20℃. If you’re planning a kids party at that time, don’t miss the opportunity to embrace the outdoors!
- Including the parents – While it’s all about the kids, you should also remember there will be parents attending the party. Offering an activity for parents to have fun with the kids is always a hit for the younger ones. Teenagers will probably have more fun on their own, though!
- The party theme – Is there anything your little one is passionate about? Make it a part of their party! If you’re looking to decorate the venue according to a specific theme, be sure to check if the manager is OK with that. Popular kids party themes in Manchester include football (Manchester City or Manchester United) and royal dress up (princes and princesses).
- Safety of the location – This is especially important for younger children. Double check if the party area is safeguarded and you have enough adult supervision. Quite often the venue staff is able to help you with that.
The party style and venue will all depend on your child’s personality. Manchester is filled with awesome children’s party venues. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Sports halls and indoor activity centres are a big hit for active birthday parties, both for the boys and the girls. This type of venue is a fantastic choice for the colder months. An active birthday party means tired kids in the evening – something the parents will definitely appreciate!
- If you’re planning a girls birthday party, you may consider a high tea or crafts party at a cafe or restaurant. Most restaurants will put together a bespoke package for your children’s party. These are usually charged per guest.
- Looking for something versatile and affordable? A community hall is a great pick. You will have sole use of the venue, so the kids can go wild and enjoy themselves without bothering anyone. It’s also a good choice for a teens disco party.
Here are some ideas of what kinds of activities are popular for children’s parties in Manchester, UK:
- Royal ball – What little boy or girl doesn’t want to be a prince or princess? The British monarchy is a rich part of English history. This sort of party is a great opportunity for kids to have fun while learning about their country.
- Indoor active fun – The list is endless for indoor parties. We love this option as your child and their friends are guaranteed to have fun without the worry of bad weather. Some popular indoor activities for kids in Manchester include gymnastics, rock climbing, indoor football, go-cart racing and laser quests.