Entire Venue at Alfred
About this space
When you see Alfred, think luxurious Chesterfield couches, pot plants, dark timber, and a historical nod to the building's manufacturing legacy. This is a warm, sexy space in a Melbourne laneway with great value drinks and food. We have one of those "Melbourne" secret entrances and with multiple areas, we can fit any sized group or event under 250 people.
The property has recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurb over the last 2 years and we can't wait to show what Alfred is all about.
The name Alfred comes from the previous tenant of the building AG (Alfred George) Healing. During the early 20th century, this building was the HQ for the Healing manufacturing business. Right in this room 1000s of televisions, radios, fridges, and even bicycles were made for the good people of Melbourne and Australia. Alfred was quite the character too, he even managed to play 10 senior games for the mighty Melbourne Demons and at the height of the company's success installed a car lift on the ground floor so he could drive his Rolls Royce onto the roof and avoid those bloody parking fees!
Alfred is perfect for any type of social or corporate party, we also have a 250-person club that can be hired out for any sized function directly below the restaurant.
Event offers and packages
Package per person
- Option 1: $35pp (5 canapes + 1 substantial)
- Option 2: $45pp (7 canapes + 2 substantial)
- Option 3: $55pp (9 canapes + 3 substantial)
- Australian rock oyster (natural or champagne vinaigrette).
- Heirloom tomato and grana padano bruschetta.
- Hot smoked Tasmanian salmon, dill, crème fraiche on lavosh Carrot blinis with cashew and herbs cheese.
- Steak tartare, quail egg, and sourdough crostini.
- Crispy polenta, confit cherry tomatoes, and basil.
- House-made arancini.
- Mac + cheese croquettes.
- Salted black cod croquettes.
- Salt + pepper calamari.
- Thousand layers potato fries.
- Chocolate thunder brownie w/ spiced pumpkin ice cream + coffee sauce.
- Old fashioned sticky date pudding.
- Banoffee tartlets.
- Alfred lamingtons w/ red fruits jam.
- Fish + chips w/ lemon + tartare.
- Pulled pork sliders w/ spicy coleslaw + pickled jalapeño.
- Bacon cheeseburger sliders w/ smoked aioli.
- Vegan burger sliders w/ kimchi.
- Spiced chicken skewers w/ labneh.
- Beef pot pie w/ Alfred BBQ sauce.
- Mushroom pie w/ tomato relish.
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
No BYO catering or alcohol (cakes are acceptable).
Cancellation policy: Flexible
Cancellations 7 days in advance will receive a full refund.
Cancellations 7 days to 24 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations for events starting within 24 hours are non-refundable.
Event date of a confirmed booking can be changed to another date within 1 months from the original date, at no cost.
A hidden gem has just popped up in Melbourne and is offering guests the perfect hybrid restaurant and bar that takes the fuss out of organising a night out in the city.
With the location on Franklin Street in the heart of the CBD, owners - The Village hospitality group - wished to pay homage to the old AG (Alfred George) Healing bicycle manufacturing warehouse that they are honoured to have now flipped into a contemporary hole in the wall location.