About this space
St Andrew's College is a residential college located within the University of Sydney. It is located five kilometres from Sydney CBD and within walking distance of Newtown, renowned for its award-winning coffees, historic pubs and boutique shops.
At the heart of the College is the Dining Hall; a grand space with the capacity to seat up to 330 guests. Decorated in a traditional academic style, the Dining Hall is a magical space for functions, from formal dinners by candlelight to wonderfully presented buffet luncheons. Surround yourself with 150 years of history with a crested high ceiling, portraits of past Principals, antique trophies and Psalters.
The Dining Hall can be set up for a buffet dinner, cocktail function or formal dinner.
Based on the current safe-distancing regulations, the Dining hall can hold up to 186 attendees (2 square meter rule).
We are expert hosts for conferences, corporate meetings, workshops, social events and special gatherings for 10 to several hundred guests. Our award-winning chefs and highly-experienced events team will provide you with a personalised event experience, whether you choose the grand Dining Hall or the intimate Reading Room.
Our boutique conference and meeting rooms are ideal spaces for meetings, brain-storming sessions and workshops. Flip charts, projectors, post-it notes and other essential materials are available for your convenience.
Premium Catering: we take pride in providing a premium catering experience by our expert chefs. Menus can be customised to suit any occasion from gourmet morning tea to a three-course fine dining experience.
Parking: a private parking lot is available for 20 - 80 cars (depending on time of year). Casual parking is available at a rate of $25 per car/day, special rates for group bookings.
Guests may cancel their Booking until 30 days before the event start time and will receive a 75% refund (excluding Fees) of their Booking Price.
Guests may cancel their Booking between 30 days and 7 days before the event start time and receive a 50% refund (excluding Fees) of their Booking Price.
Cancellations submitted less than 7 days before the event start time are not refundable.
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
Loss & Damage
- The client is responsible for taking reasonable precautions to protect the venue, equipment or other property of SAC.
- The cost of accidental or negligent damage caused through their own action, action of guests, contractors or sub-contractors before, during or after the event is chargeable to the client.
- SAC staff will take all necessary care, but will not take responsibility for damage or loss of client items before, during or after an event and the client accepts responsibility at all times.
Safety & Fire Regulations
- All events are subject to compliance with all current Health & Safety and Fire Regulations.
- Should the Fire Brigade or other emergency service be called to respond to an alarm in the hired room which has been activated by the client, the client will be liable for any charges incurred by such an incident.