You’ve been to birthday parties. You’ve been to weddings. Now it’s time for something different. A boat party is unlike any others you will experience in your lifetime, and we’re going to tell you the reasons why:
- The air of exclusivity and exhilaration. No matter how much of a landlubber you may be, there is something thrilling about being on the water that can never be matched. If you throw a party on land, it may feel special. But if that same party is thrown on the water — whether it involves eating grilled meats and drinking cocktails while sailing around in your buddy's yacht; or singing karaoke with strangers while floating down the river on houseboats — it will definitely feel like something else entirely.
- Booming party boat market. Singapore’s boat and yacht hire market are one of the largest in Asia. The country has many beautiful islands, including Sentosa Island and Pulau Ubin Island, which offer some of the best options for holding a variety of events, from celebrating a birthday to renting out one of their many beautiful boats for an evening or weekend of relaxation with friends. The waters of Singapore harbour an abundance of marine life and the islands are home to many species of birds. It is a paradise for nature lovers and hiring a boat is perfect for those who want to experience the beauty of Singapore from the water.
- Dancing on the top deck. When you hire a party boat in Singapore, there are many different activities available for everyone! Live music and DJs with upbeat tunes ensure that everyone keeps dancing throughout the night. You might also enjoy a variety of drinks, including beer and wine. If you’re looking for a more tropical drink, some venues have plenty of options such as mojitos and margaritas! You can also get some delicious food that is prepared fresh on board if the venue offers in-house catering.
The possibilities are endless when you're on the water! And we mean that in the best way possible. There's basically nothing you can't do on a boat or yacht, and we're not just talking about partying (although there is plenty of that). Whether you're celebrating a special birthday, holding a business meeting, or even just wanting to get away from it all for a day, renting out a boat or yacht is the perfect way to do it. Here are some ideas for your party boat rental:
- Themed parties. If you want something unique, throw a pirate-themed party or a luau! These are great themes for a boat party because you have the open water to play with. You can get creative with decorations, such as hanging up a skull and crossbones flag or setting up a roped-off area for your guests to use as their own private island (complete with palm trees). The sky's the limit with these themes, so let your imagination run wild.
- Cocktail party. If you're having a cocktail party, a boat is an ideal venue. You can float along the shoreline and enjoy the view of the city while sipping on your favourite drink. In fact, you can hire a bartender to make cocktails for your party. This is the perfect party setting to mingle while watching the sunset over the city skyline and enjoying the breeze.
- Birthday Party. If you're planning a birthday bash, renting a party boat will surely be an unforgettable experience for all involved! There is plenty of space for everyone to sit, relax, and have fun dancing and singing along with their favourite tunes. You can even bring some props, like streamers and balloons, if the venue allows it. If you want to make the party even more memorable, hire a magician or comedian to keep everyone entertained.
- Anniversary. If you're celebrating an anniversary, a party boat can be the perfect way to go. You and your partner can enjoy a romantic getaway while celebrating the milestone. It's also an ideal venue for an anniversary because it's a unique way to celebrate your love for one another. You'll be able to see the city in a new light, and you can enjoy dining on delicious food while cruising along with the wind in your hair.
- Family reunions. Rental boats are also great for family reunions because they allow you to spend time together while having fun in an atmosphere that's unlike anything else. You can share stories, play games like charades and bingo, and spend time together while enjoying the beautiful scenery. You may also want to hire someone to take pictures for you so that you can capture the moment.
- Graduations. You may also want to rent a boat for your graduation party, especially if you're planning on having a big celebration. You can rent a boat and take the party out onto the water, where you can enjoy an amazing view while celebrating your achievement. It's a great way to celebrate and show your friends and family how proud you are of yourself.
Party Boats in Singapore FAQ
How much does it cost to hire a party boat in Singapore?
It depends on what type of boat you want to rent and how many people are going to be on board. If you want to rent a small or medium-sized boat with only 20 passengers, then it will cost around $1500-$3000 per session. If your group is larger than 30 people, these boats range from $3000-$5000 per session. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Where are the most popular places for boat and yacht rentals in Singapore?
Beyond the aforementioned Sentosa Cove, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to finding a great place for a boat rental in Singapore. Southern Islands, Straits View and Marina East are good options to start if you aren’t quite sure what you’re looking for and need a bit of variety to choose from.
Which amenities are included in a party boat rental?
When you rent a party boat, some amenities may come included with your rental price. These could include drinks like sodas and beer, blankets (if it gets cold outside), food such as sandwiches or hot dogs, and music equipment such as speakers or microphones. It's important to note that these amenities are not always included in a rental, but it's always best to check. Some party boats even have rooms where people can sleep!
Can I hire a party boat in Singapore for exclusive use?
Yes, you can! Party boats are available to book and hire for private functions and events. However, there are a few things you should know before hiring a party boat in Singapore. The party boat company might have restrictions on the number of people you can bring on board, and even an age limit. You must also be aware that some party boats are only available for private hire during certain hours and days of the week.