We know it can be difficult to keep up with all the COVID-19 related regulations, especially when it comes to what kinds of events can take place and how many guests are allowed. To help you better understand, we have prepared a summary to update you on the most current safety rules that apply to venues. Keep in mind that even though most venues will follow such guidelines, we would still recommend reaching out to the venue you intend to book to find out in detail how their capacity has changed.
Updated: 26 April 2021
General venue operation and event hosting guidelines
- One person per 2m2 (e.g. restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship, convention centres), including standing, eating and drinking.
- 500 people permitted at indoor events with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan.
- Dancing is allowed in all indoor and outdoor venues including pubs, beer gardens, clubs and nightclubs, subject to the one person per 2m2 rule.
- Up to 200 people or one person per 2m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (whichever is greater).
- All guests can dance (indoors and outdoors) subject to the one person per 2m2 rule.