We know it can be difficult to keep up with all the COVID-19 related regulations, especially when it comes to what kinds of events can take place and how many guests are allowed. To help you better understand, we have prepared a summary to update you on the most current safety rules that apply to venues. Keep in mind that even though most venues will follow such guidelines, we would still recommend reaching out to the venue you intend to book to find out in detail how their capacity has changed.
Updated: 24 February 2021
General venue operation and event hosting guidelines
- One person per 2 square metres.
- If the venue is providing patrons with tickets and allocated seating, it can allow up to 100 per cent of seated capacity – even if this means more than one person per 2 square metres in the venue.
- Venues that cannot collect and keep contact details electronically will be limited to one person per 4 square metres and can operate for seated patrons only
- A maximum of up to 200 people can attend a wedding ceremony that is conducted under a COVID Safe Plan, regardless of the size of the venue.
- Dancing is allowed at the reception, physical distancing should be maintained.